Posted: June 8, 2020
This is your last week of at home learning. I hope you all have a great summer and I miss you all very much!!!
As your last assignment you have the choice to choose any of the projects listed below. Some of them you may have already been assigned so please choose something new and that interests you!
All projects have a tourism-related theme. Use your imagination and have fun!!
1. Create a theme poster advertising your town or area.
2. Write and illustrate a rhyme about a tourist site or activity in your area.
3. Write a song about the Ganong Candy Factory, or a tourist-related industry in your area.
4. Construct an illustrated map of your town or area.
5. Create a character portrait (imaginary, famous, historical, friend, family) of someone that is living, or has lived, in your town or area.
6. Design a book cover including the back jacket “blurb” and front illustration for a tourism-related topic.
7. Do a comic strip.
8. Create the front page of a newspaper.
9. Write and present a skit.
10. Prepare a radio or TV travel talk show.
11. Prepare and illustrate a menu of New Brunswick favourites.
12. Design a CD cover for your New Brunswick band.
13. Write the commentary for a fashion show from the past.
14. Design a theme park.
15. Design a Hospitality and Tourism 110 postcard with the course overview/description included on the back.
16. Design a travel trivia game.
17. Create a travel album or pamphlet.
18. Create a photo essay.
19. Write and present a commercial.
20. Create a large poster-size crossword puzzle.
21. Create a theme mobile.
22. As a child, write a limerick for your mother emphasizing the problems of travelling with a child.
23. As Romeo, write a poem for Juliet outlining your honeymoon travels.
24. As a Martian, write a list for a fellow Martian, informing him of your visit to your town or area.
25. As King Arthur, write an informal talk for the Knights of the Round Table describing the defence of the St. Croix River.
26. As the International Bridge, describe the importance of maintaining the connection between Canada and the United States.
27. As a pioneer child, write a series of journal entries describing life in New Brunswick in the 1800’s.
28. Describe life in the St. Croix Valley in the year 2050.
29. As a French explorer in 1604, write a journal entry describing Saint Croix Island.
30. As a Chicken Bone, write a poem for your friend the Palomine Bar telling of your unique qualities.
31. As a set of golf clubs, describe the event of your most important match.
32. As a pair of sneakers, write a walking tour of your town or area.
33. Write a cover letter to the manager at a VIC explaining why you are an ideal candidate for a job as a travel counsellor.
34. Plan a theme cruise.